The U.S. Senate must add the Education Jobs Package today and then send the measure back to the House of Representatives for action by this Friday, July 30.
It is urgent that phone calls be made now to California U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer to urge them to put the education jobs package in the pending Small Business Bill.
Tell Senators Feinstein and Boxer:
- California schools are in crisis, and we need your help!
- More than $17 billion in cuts have already increased class sizes; reduced student access to libraries, nurses, and counselors; and cut education programs.
- Failure to act will only deepen the looming crisis in public education: class sizes rising to 35-40 students, cutting back to four-day school weeks, narrowing the curriculum to exclude the arts and physical education, eliminating pre-kindergarten programs and critical academic support for the neediest students.
- Dial 1-866-608-6355 to call Capitol Hill. Ask to speak to Senator Dianne Feinstein of California. Call back and then ask to speak to Senator Barbara Boxer of California.
- To send e-mails, Use the link below to go to CTA’s Leg Action Center to contact your lawmaker electronically:http://capwiz.com/nea/ca/home/
Text and Connect. Text ctasummer to 69866 to join our text advocate program. You will be connected to your U.S. Senators. (Note: standard messaging rates apply.)